- Produktpreis 130,-- € + 7,--€ Versandkosten (Playford Games verschickt direkt)
The Ancient World Multi Game System is a collection of 13 social abstract strategy games with a variety of game styles. There is a game for everyone in the family or social groups from age 8 to 108.
- Journey Stones: Vikings & Celts battle at sea by Frank Zazanis for 2 players.
- Ziggurats: pyramid building in Ur by Arpad Fritsche for 2 - 4 players.
- Silk Roads: road building to create wealth in central Asia by Aaron Haag for 2 - 4 players.
- Numidia: road network planing in the Roman Empire by Dave Stennett for 2 - 4 players.
- Melos: obsidian rock pushing in Greece by Dave Stennett for 2 - 4 players.
- Kush: intermingling peoples in North Africa by Dave Stennett for 2 or 4 players.
- Rays: star connection in Africa by Dave Stennett for 2 - 4 players .
- Latrunculi: a classic for 2 players, popular since Roman times with alternative play and a modern expansion.
- Inuit: fishing in the Arctic by Daniel Mckinley for 2 - 4 players.
- Seega: a classic sandwich and capture game, played since Ancient Egyptian adapted by Dave Stennett for 2 or 4 players.
- King´s Ransom: light chess variant with hidden character tiles and bluffing by Frank Zazanis for 2 players.
- Cheetah: elimination of prey on the East African Savannah. by Dave Stennett for 2 - 8 players.
- Stella: find the path in the heavens of Greece by Dave Stennett for 2 - 4 players.
Ancient World Multi Game System:
2 set of square wood tiles (A & B) including 80 color tiles printed on both sides
One black cloth bag with a draw string
One 40-page Rulebook
Checker board and chest sold separately.
Player can use any 8 x 8 square board, with each square about 4 x 4 cm or 1.6 x 16 in
The Ancient World Multi Game System is a set of beautifully crafted game pieces that are used interchangeably to play a multitude of Social Abstract Games (SAG). They encourage both thoughtful and communicative interaction between players, and give a range of social experience.
Each game takes a theme from the Ancient World as the backdrop for the game. Some games have a strong tie to the theme, some have a lighter touch. Either way, the themes take players back to a time and place of kings and queens, miners, warriors, builders and fishermen.
These Social Abstract Games have the hallmark of a classic abstract strategy game with a touch of modern social sensibility. They are easy to learn in a couple of minutes, and quickly played for about 10 to 30 minutes. Most of the games can be played with more than two players. They can be intellectually stimulating, but they can also encourage interesting social interactions, such as fear-driven collaboration, bluffing, trust, collusion, and of course, competition, creating a memorable shared experience.
Playford ingeniously crafted the Multi Game System (MGS) to bring well-designed abstract games to players with minimal components and storage space. The game pieces are very carefully and thoughtfully designed and grouped, so that they can be used in the most inventive fashion to play as many games as practical and feasible. The main pieces are square tiles that are colorfully printed on both sides, so either side could be used in different games. Many of the games in the collection have alternative rules and expansion rules, giving players an even greater choice of playing experience!
The Ancient World Multi Game System is offered in several models, varying in the number of games and players for each game.
|Model||Number of Games||Number of Players||Games with 8+ Players||Tile Sets|
|Ancient World||13||2-4||1||A, B|
|Ancient World Premium||17||2-4||2||A, B, C|
|Ancient World Deluxe||23||2-5||3||A, B, C, D|
|Ancient World Super Deluxe||25||2-6||4||A, B, C, D, E|